Sunday, August 24, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

That title has nothing to do with the post actually. It just popped into my head because I watched a small spider walk across the floor just now. I wish I could've caught him and taken him outside, but he was motoring at a faster pace and I didn't have anything to catch him in.

I haven't had much to really say because not a lot has been going on. I start school tomorrow which I'm not so excited about. But I suppose there could be something funny I could post here from my school adventures. Let's see, I only have 5 semesters left, including this one. (I'm a junior, but I'll be going to school in the summer next year as well.) The count down is on and I'm more than ready for it to end.

I ordered all my books from online sources and I received two of them without dust jackets and they were supposed to have them. I didn't bother with any complaints but now I wish I had because they were listed in very good condition, I paid for that condition, and to boot--the description never did mention the covers were missing.
Oh well. Live and learn.

I did have a day of excitement on Friday. I got to ride in a combine. My father-in-law is a farmer. My husband comes from a world of farming. That's how he received his open head brain injury: a tractor accident when he was 11 and farming.

So it was a lot of fun to ride in that big thing. But I did have a moment where I pictured Ryan's accident. The combine and the tractor Ryan was in are both closed cabs... and so I just kinda thought to myself "Imagine a chain flying through this cab and smashing into my head." *shudder*

That's how it happened, Ryan was in a lead tractor trying to tow another one out of the mud. The chain broke, whipped forward, smashed through the cab and onto Ryan's head. Happened in a split second and Ryan probably was not aware of course, but it's still unnerving.

Anyways. This combine my FIL has, he bought new in 1978. :-) Ryan used to ride in there on his lap. That is too adorable. And Ryan used to call it a "tractor-bine" when he was little.

Well, that's about all I have to say for myself right now. Yucky school tomorrow! At least my class doesn't start until 1:00. That's very nice. But I have leave at noon to catch the stupid shuttle and allow myself time to walk all the way across campus. (My university is only about a 20 minute drive from my house, yet I have to take an extra 40 minutes for all this crap.) Why they don't have two stops on campus for the shuttle I don't know. It's pretty ridiculous. And it'll be even more fun in the winter time with bad weather!