Monday, May 5, 2008

Still alive anyway

Well, that's a cheery title, eh?

I hate stress. Who doesn't? But I have to put on a skit tomorrow in French class, which I am highly NOT looking forward to doing. Then I have a final in a geography class where the test is always oddly hard. I just did 6 hours of writing different papers that were due for that class tomorrow as well.
I have my history class final on Thursday. Then I can enjoy myself for one day before I graduate.
But now I have to start working on a resume. I haven't done a resume since 2003. I had my job from 2003-2006 then I went back to school. I did earn a work study at my current college as a math tutor, but I only had to fill out a basic application. It was fairly informal.

I'm not even sure I can find a work study position. My new college has all these crazy jobs listed such as being a Mommy's Helper. (Mother's Little Helper comes to mind from the Stones.) Anywho, there isn't much I'm interested in or possibly qualified for. :-(
I only get $1300 for work study and my tuition for the summer is $1700. It looks like I should take out a $4000 subsidized loan and just put the money away to use as needed during my school years.

I'm just freaking out. It's been such a long time since I've had to be "polished and professional." I'm so nervous and scared. I just want a decent admin job at the college, not some crazy job off campus. As I said, I don't even have an up-to-date resume. I can't even remember exactly what I was earning at certain positions. And I've got to figure out how to have 3 professional references. I don't know anybody! I don't know what to do. And I don't have the clothes for professional jobs either.

Ok. I'm going to cut myself off here. You get the idea of it all. Stress and freaking out. I could save a lot of space if I just put that.

Ryan is doing very well after his surgery. Let's hope he continues to heal wonderfully and that ultimately this surgery will change his life.

0 comments: