Friday, April 4, 2008

Duty

In French class... I missed the first part of this conversation so I don't know what it was, but the professor replied "Ca. Just don't say it twice though." LOL
Dang, I am going to miss her, she is great. I might try and take French II with her, even though I'll have to pay for it out of pocket.

She also said that she calls port-a-potties, biffies. LOL! I love that too. I so have to remember that.

Okay. So. I am going to graduate in May with my 2 year degree. I know tons of people look down on those, but so what. I am going on to get my 4 year. Anyways, there is also a lot of looking down on a graduation ceremony for a 2 year degree. Lots of people are saying "Why bother? It's my 4 year that really matters. I don't give a shit about my 2 year degree."

This annoys me. It's just the way these people say it... they say it as if going to a 2 year degree graduation is worse than having to be a biffie scrubber. They have total disgust and disdain in their voices.
I just don't get it! NOT ATTENDING your 2 year graduation isn't going to make the 4 year degree that much harder, easier, cheaper, costlier, longer or shorter to obtain. Why is it just going to positively kill you to go out for an afternoon and walk across the stage in a cap and gown?

It's only costing $20. I'm very, very poor and if even I'm saying that... then it's no big deal.

I don't know. Just go. Have fun. Enjoy yourself. Give yourself a little pat on the back for the first 2 years of hard college work. Have a little warm up for the 4 year graduation.

Boneheads.

0 comments: